Saturday, December 24, 2011

the Nordic Christmas

My mom is a designer, best known for her elaborate Christmas decorations. My tastes are more subdued but I take my queue in selecting a theme from her.  For the past few years, I have been focused on a natural, earthy, simple theme.  Leave it to Domino for summarizing what I was going for - Nordic Christmas.  This Christmas, I kept it even easier, adorning the tree only with handmade snowflakes, wicker stars from IKEA and organic candy canes (which have a traditional look to them) and of course lots and lots of white lights.  But I was inspired to wrap my own branches with yarn for the fireplace and window vignettes.  Hei Norway!

Inspiration (image via Domino)

Inspiration (image via Domino)

2011 Tree


Tree branches from our backyard

Fireplace





Buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment