Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the Find!


15 months. Yes, 15 months! That was the amount of time it took us to find our home in San Francisco. Of course, we were being picky and had quite the wish list...
Primarily: a fixer that had good bones that we could live in while remodeling piece by piece
3+Bed and 2+ Bath as our growing family was getting cramped in our current 2/1
Garage
A backyard
Specific neighborhood
Oh and it had to fit into our budget (did I mention we live in San Francisco?)

After countless let downs and a serious consideration to move north to Seattle where the houses were bigger and cheaper, I found it. 24th Street as we call her. As soon as I walked in, I knew it. It met all of our criteria, a sad little house with a lot of potential. "Let's put in an offer" I told my husband after I saw it. He was on the other side of the country on a business trip. "Can I see it first?"

This blog is dedicated to the trials and tribulations of remodeling our first fixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment